So we just finished replacing the treads on our stairs going down to the basement and ended up with a pile of offcuts that we didn't want to waste so Asher decided to design a new stool for our kitchen. He disappeared into the other room for about 10 minutes and came back with drawings for a seat design so we got to work. I did all the cutting - Asher decided measurements, glued and clamped.
After letting the seat dry for a couple days we moved on to finishing up the bottom. I helped with the design of the skirt but Ash predrilled, glued, screwed and clamped up everything to make what ended up being a pretty nice little stool.
Ash feels like the finished piece should be a bit more stable so we're playing with ideas to improve on the design but for now it's working well as a kitchen stool as well as his new dinner seat.